Thursday, October 11, 2007

Now Seriously

While I laugh at the horror that is the gynecologist's office, I'm glad that the doctor has never told me I've had anything too horrible. I saw an article on MSNBC today that talked about a woman's struggle with breast cancer.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21209744/

Not only was the illness horrible (and think of the embarrassing exams and inadequate gowns she's had to contend with!!!!), but it's practically bankrupted her.

I can relate. My husband has been sick with degenerative disc disease for over 11 years. Even with health insurance, our portion of the bills has been monumental. And, now that he's disabled and not working, I've had to switch the family to my insurance. I pay $520 a month to keep my family insured. Add to that co-pays for prescriptions, doctors visits, surgeries and procedures, and we pay about a $1,000 a month on medical expenses.

What are we going to do? I mean all of us? It's not funny!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Easy "water hack" burns 2 lbs OVERNIGHT

Over 160,000 men and women are utilizing a easy and secret "water hack" to drop 2lbs every night while they sleep.

It's easy and works on everybody.

Here's how you can do it yourself:

1) Take a drinking glass and fill it up with water half full

2) Proceed to learn this weight losing HACK

so you'll be 2lbs lighter the very next day!